Welcome Membership Committee's Home Page!
It is the objective of the Membership Comittee:
TO PROMOTE AND EXECUTE SUCCESSFUL A RECRUITMENT CAMPAIGN
WHILE ALSO INCREASING MEMBERSHIP RETENTION AND CROSSOVER.
The tasks of the membership committee fall into two broad categories, whether at the council, district or unit level:
- Relationships. Establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with major community
organizations and institutions, both those that have Scouting units and those that do not.
- Membership. Organize new units, reorganize inactive and dropped units, and recruit new members in a
Our 2016-2017 STRATEGIC GOALS are:
- Collaborate with other councils to successfully execute the statewide School Night to Join Scouting.
- Implement and refine best practices to prepare district and unit volunteers for successful campaigns.
- Execute marketing initiatives that introduce Scouting to potential members with the goal of increasing overall market density.
- Complete 2016 Council and District Growth Plan Workbook
- Execute recruitment efforts that bring Scouting to nontraditional and at risk youth who may not be readily reached through SNTJS and other recruitment efforts.
- Convene a cross committee task force (development, program, training, etc.) to collect data on the
perception of Scouting in the community as well as within the organization.
○ Review historical retention rates and identify areas for improvement.
○ Develop and execute plans to increase retention, crossover and recovery.
○ Recognize factors contributing to membership decline and develop areas of focus.
- Evaluate and determine level of council participation in Exploring Explosion and Lion Pilot Program.
Thank you for visiting our page. If you would like more information or would like to volunteer on the Membership Committee please contact me - theastauffenecker@yahoo or (720) 985-3353.